Interchangeable Panels for Bird Cages
Any front door, back, side, top or bottom can be made out of acrylic, glass, stainless steel wire, thermofused laminate, aluminate laminate panel, or perforated aluminum. These panels are all interchangeable and can be switched or replaced at any time without having to purchase a new bird cage.
Thermofused Laminate Panels
We have a selection of 4 different wood grains and 2 granite colors available. The surface, front and back of the panels are a very hard, durable, washable, non-porous material (similar to a kitchen counter top). This makes any outside or inside surface of the bird cage resistant to harboring bacteria, odor, or waste, and very easy to clean. Many modular furniture pieces you find in a catalog or department store are made with a much weaker vinyl surface that has a similar look but can tend to peel. The material we use is much more durable.
Below is the selection of panel colors available. Black granite is the standard, but you may substitute any color with no additional charge. Also, you can have a custom background laminated to your back panel for a distinctive look to your birdcage.
- Any panel of our bird cages either comes standard with or can have the option of clear acrylic as a material.
- One of the hardest forms of clear plastic available, hard to scratch or gouge.
- Excellent UV properties - very clear and will not yellow except in the most extreme circumstances (takes about 10 years of direct sunlight to start to yellow).
- 5 times stronger than glass and is extremely hard to break with side impact. In tests, a 14” x 20” tightly clamped piece of the same thickness we use can withstand a 45mph fast ball without breaking (our cages can withstand a great deal more because the panels are larger and the edges are not tightly clamped).
- We do not drill any holes in the panels for fastening. Rather, all panels slide snugly into grooves in the framework of the enclosures. Drilled holes leave vulnerable spots for cracking and breaking. With our design, it is nearly impossible for very large birds, reptiles, or small animals to break out.
Stainless Steel Wire - Great for Climbing!
- Crimp-locked stainless steel wire. Stronger than carbon or standard steel, rust-proof, no toxic coatings. Available in 4 sizes.
- Any panel of our bird cages either comes standard with or can have the option of stainless steel wire as a material.
- We are extremely confident that a macaw or other strong destructive bird is NOT going to be able to chew through it. Most bird cages have welds that create a soft point at the joint of the steel. We commonly have bird owners call us to buy a cage because their bird broke the welds in their current cage. This can not happen with our Hybrid bird cages. In addition, most cages with a welded construction use a secondary coat to hide the welds because the welding process leaves burn marks.
- Standard opening size for an H3 cage is 1” x 1”. This is the most common size required for birds, reptiles, and small animals. For an H2 cage, the standard opening side is 3/4” x 3/4”. We also have 1 1/2” x 1 1/2”, 1/2” x 1/2”, and heavy duty 1” x 1” openings. The wider the opening, the heavier the gauge wire. The smaller openings can be used for applications where you do not want crickets, smaller birds, or reptiles to escape.
1 1/2" x 1 1/2"
1" x 1"
3/4" x 3/4"
1/2" x 1/2"
- Perfect when you want lighting and heating elements to sit on top of the cage and not have access for the animals to get to them.
- Allows for ample ventilation where air flow is desired. Round staggered holes also help diffuse the light so you are not looking directly at the bright lighting fixtures from outside the cage.
- Aluminum material will not rust and will last very long in virtually any environment.
- Openings are 3/16" in diameter and spaced 1/4" apart, with approximately 51% open space; small enough for crickets to not get through but large enough to allow sufficient light, heat, and air flow to enter the cage.
Aluminum Laminate Panels
Any panel of your enclosure can have aluminum laminate panels substituted for your standard panel. The panels have a black coated aluminum on both sides with a PVC or ABS core. Our aluminum laminate panels hold up extremely well in very wet conditions, are scratch resistant, light weight, and extremely sturdy (stronger and lighter than our thermofused laminate panels). It is highly recommended to use aluminum laminate whenever your cage is being used for outdoor purposes or other high moisture circumstances. Because the thermofused laminate comes in a better variety of colors, is much less expensive (reduces price of cage), and is ideal for most circumstances, we make laminate our standard and offer the aluminum laminate panel as an upgrade at an additional charge. These panels are available in black only, see center insert for substitution pricing.